Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My Personal Art Project


Old- April 27th

Ok, so I came up with this idea after collecting a bunch of cigarette packs for another project I never did. I took a look at them today and I have a mountain of them (so far 30 packs- I need a couple hundred probably). The new idea is to create a full skeleton made out of them or even a human shape with possibly the vital organs that smoking damages. I dont know how I plan to do it because I want it to be 3D and for it to work it has to be hanging or something. By the time I complete it I also want to quit smoking. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on making this project realistic or wants to donate some empty packs just post!

-RECENT UPDATE-

I thought it was about time to see how far I have gotten... I have only 102 packs. I tossed a lot out into the garbage at one point.

Here is the Math behind 102 packs.

There are 98 packs with 25 Smokes in a pack.
There are 4 with 20 smokes in a pack.

98 x 25 = 2450 smokes
4 x 20 = 80 smokes

Grand Total = 2530 ciggarettes.

Here is the info on each package:

Toxic emissions: Tar 10-29mg, Nicotine 1.0-2.2mg, Carbon Monoxide 12-29mg, Formaldehyde 0.041-0.12mg, Hydrogen cyanide 0.087-0.25mg, Benzene 0.039-0.085mg.

Now Multiply that by 102...

Thats a ton of junk to put into your lungs.